The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday March 7, 2002 at 21:24
todd in bham
Founding Member
March 2002
have had some problems with thi sequpment passing i/r control functions. to date i have had no problem with the mits sat equip. ( which is made by hughes), however, i have had the same problem with the rca ultimate tv unit. tech guy at custom told me that the rca i/r units function at a frequency that is higher than standard (48.56khz, as opposed to the more standard 48.38khz.) there is a trim pot adjustment inside the unit on the rear left as you look at it from the front. the install manual is "WRONG" so in contrast turning the trimmer "counter clockwise" will increase the i/r peak upward. with this being said, i have been totally unsuccesful at get this to pass any i/r control signals no matter what. tech "expert" at kustom has no clue. i have found that using a channel plus cable i/r dist. system will pass signal. extra $300. to do what the unit should do anyway. learn function key same way as i/r signals. i suspect that the rca and the hughes ultimate systems share this design. thats where i am at with it.....todd

Hosting Services by ipHouse