The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday May 2, 2002 at 09:58
Richard Skinner
Founding Member
May 2002

I have a Denon AVR-5700 receiver and I send the output to another Denon AVR-3200 receiver through the multi-source output on the AVR-5700. It works great except for one minor problem. When I am outside listening to my CD jukebox (a Yamaha CDR-HD1000 with a 20 gigabyte hard drive through my outside speakers and I want to adjust the volume or select mute I mute the volume on both Denons because they both accept and use the same Denon IR codes. I also have a TIVO setup with 2 TIVOs and I can program the left TIVO system(TIVO1) to accept an IR code of zero and the right TIVO (TIVO2)accepts an IR code of one. So when I pick up the left TIVO remote it broadcasts a zero and the left TIVO accepts it and the right TIVO doesn't respond because it wants a code one (1) not zero (0). Is is possible to program the Denon AVR-5700 remote to send out an IR signal of zero and program the Denon AVR-3200 remote to send out an IR signal of one so they will operate independently. I can't believe that the Denon corporation never envisioned a person having 2 Denon receivers in the same room particularly when they created it with multi-room source output.I can cover the IR sensor on the AVR-5700 so it want receive a signal but then I can't change the input in the event I want to listen to TV or FM tuner or whatever. If anyone can be of some assistance I would sincerely appreciate it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse