Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday April 25, 2002 at 13:21
ECHOSLOB
Founding Member
February 2002
HEY Z :)

All I can tell you is this. I have a Pioneer RPTV with a DTC-100. The picture is great in all modes with one exception. I use VGA to VGA for HD only. I use S-video for SD sat. I am using component for a progressive scan DVD. The only thing that looks like kaka is viewing SD in HD mode through VGA. The DTC-100 through VGA upconverts to 540 and the Pioneer likes 480. Using the s-video through the DTC-100 fixes that. On your Tosh I don't think that is a problem.

For that budget here is what I suggest if you have not done it. Get her an ISF calibration. Try a progressive scan DVD before buying and see if that makes a difference. ISF also recommends using Monster M-1000 cable. I would do the other 2 though before buying expensive cable which may or may not fix anything.

The other problem is very subjective. If you watch HD for a long period of time anything else is going to look like crap period. Especially sat or cable through S-video. The ISF cal. made a huge difference on my TV. Well worth the cost. I am very happy with my non HD picture but once again nothing looks anything like HD and there is nothing you can do about that.

This message was edited by ECHOSLOB on 04/25/02 13:22.04.

Hosting Services by ipHouse