The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday December 26, 2003 at 14:21
Jay In Chicago
Founding Member
December 2001
Dell?!?! See I said you'd have to make sacrifices...

LOL. Not really... IMOHO ...I have to say I'm not up to speed with their Models, but They certainly don't offer the best value for the $... And That IS ONLY my Opinion... I have had all type of machines, and I haven't found a lot of serial ports at brick and mortar locations... So while I wouldn't say they are going away soon either.. I would say that they are hard to find integrated in most newer machines out there. I even looked into having a custom Laptop built... EVEN From DELL, but I didn't like the overall options and value. (They couldn't integrate a DVD burner when I was looking at them / I believe that they have that option these days)

A friend of mine loves Toshiba laptops. We're all different.

What I meant to really say is just make sure you are using a 15" screen... When doing your Pronto's... It has it ALL over a 14." You can view lot's of panels without overlapping.

I know it's assumed tat All new and serious laptops will have a 15" screen, but I'm sure somebody would say that 14" screens are not going away anytime soon, and they get them from gateway or some shizz.

_______OK.. Not machines, not laptops, but notebooks... I'll get it straight too.

And yes the 8600 does still have a serial port in that line.. I do know that. So if they have what you need and you like the $.. Go for it!

Impact...Why on earth did you guys pick up Compaq "notebooks" I'm sure they have improved, but my last one I had left me shaking (that was back in windows 98, so i guess I should give them the benifit of the doubt)...

Actually.. Who am I to talk... Didn't they recently merge with HP!?!?

AGGHHH.. There's no escaping the mess of this world.

As far as open box refurb computers go? No on you life. Not for me anyhow. The last thing I want to do is spend that money on a computer that for some reason was refurbished, returned, or out on the floor with a bunch of people that don't wash their hands inserting their fecal matter and their McDonalds from lunch into the keyboard. It's very likely on a return that a newbie gave this unit a royal bug.. I've seen it b4...

Go for it on other electronics, but spend the money on the computer for one you can F up all on your own.

If the kids are running the show in that environment, your boss needs to lay down the law a little better. (with the parents 1st if possible) I wouldn't allow them near any cords on the ground. Not twice anyhow.

Enjoy the rest of the year friends...

OOOooh oooohhh.. Spend the bucks on a great BAG. Never waste money on the bag. THICK foamy pads one the bottom of the laptop is a must in our world.

I'll cut back on the coffee now.

This message was edited by Jay In Chicago on 12/26/03 14:38.
Jet Rack ... It's what's for breakfast

Hosting Services by ipHouse