The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Friday December 26, 2003 at 13:25
Jay In Chicago
Founding Member
December 2001
All I can say is that I was in your shoes again recently as I was ditching an older laptop.

FORGET looking for an integrated serial port... It will only leave you making compromises in your choice.

I bit the bullet on 2 HP laptops in the last coupe years and have been very pleased. The latest being a very capable Pavilion ze5400 with a DVD burner to boot. I am frustrated by the lack of a Serial port, but I figure now that this one little cable I must keep in the bag is just sharing space with al the other cables I must carry.

It also puts you in a league of your own. The few, the proud. The Serial port users... Your customers have likely already forgot what a serial port is along long ago.

See. They can't even program the remote on their own machine without even using special cables etc.

... Besides. In a short while, I doubt you will see a remote that's serial programmable.

....But you will still bring that cable around for years!

Have fun MM.

Oh...one more thing...When you've just spent 18 hours coming up with an all new bomb ass config... The last thing you're thinking about is that little cable and port issue...

You're thinking. I better sell this same system some more!

Peace and prosperity in the new year my friend.
Jet Rack ... It's what's for breakfast

Hosting Services by ipHouse