The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 61 made on Sunday January 14, 2007 at 14:19
Brentm
Ethereal Home Theater
July 2003
Control over HDMI has been part of the standards since the very start.
In fact in the first documentation there is a complete protocol set.
However it is up to the individual mfgr. to turn these features on.
it is important to note the the HDMI standard is really a set of features that CAN be available for a product, there is actually very little that is mandatory.
In the coming year you will see products that are HDMI/Serial and HDMI/IR (hopefully from me first).
While there is much hoopla about 1.3 there is not much need for it.
1.2 will support ANYTHING that is currently (and for the not so near future) available (note: HD Audio can be supported on 1.2).
HDMI range is getting better, because of restorers and better cable construction (thurs @ CES I connected our 45m and our 30m cables together into our restorer and it worked great).
We will be seeing a lot more cheap china stuff in the next few months, every day of the show some far east cable company came by to sell me there repeater and/or switcher.
All were much cheaper than my basic materials cost (FOB Hong Kong) none were certified (too expensive, we no do).
While I am sure that these will be sold thru some of the reputable cable companies we (Ethereal) will not touch them (my sour grapes for the day).
There will be more news in the next week as I get it all together from the show.

Also: Thanks to all who stoped by to say hello.
Brent McCall
Paid Endorser for;
Ethereal (386) 846-7264 Cell

Hosting Services by ipHouse