Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 343 made on Saturday April 14, 2007 at 18:06
QQQ
January 2002
On April 14, 2007 at 15:06, AHEM said...
Don't forget our friend Mr. Roddy.

I have not forgotten about Mr. Roddey, in fact he is a case study in a person who over time learned more and more to present his product AND to understand the market as well as custom installers.

I remember some early threads where he got a LOT of heat. Often he would talk about Crestron being overpriced and how his software product was the way of the future. Even though I am sure he still believes those things he started to instead focus on merely presenting his product. And to his credit he has always been exceptionally truthful about his own product. As a result he earned everyones respect.

They could learn a lot from him because a lot of the heat EI took in this thread was because they kept making misstatements about their competitors products and giving what many thought were not always straightforward answers about their own. It's also NOT necessary to try to poo poo very real limitations of your product, often it's better to acknowledge them. That's another problem as I saw it in this thread.

Hosting Services by ipHouse