Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 244 made on Thursday February 22, 2007 at 03:04
Steve@EI
Long Time Member
February 2007
Guys,

Quite late just got in from a long day in miami, a few quickies. Yes we have lots a jobs including mdu high rises that are spec'd lifeware standard and mainly due to the integrator or developer chosing our product over competitors. I would't say unproven, uproven to you, but not the guys who have chosen it over amx/crestron. Most of these guys like you have taken long and grueling approaches to evaluating our product and setting a system up and living with it is common. I just had dinner tonight with a guy who literally said quote "i threw my crestron panel in the trash" We have a very unique product, it is a paradigm shift away from the way you do business today, not a product swap, but an entire business model evolution. Frankly hardware is already becoming commodity. I am seeing shrinking margins and pricing pressure nationwide on everything but distributed audio and lighting control. I think that is do to the planning and high labor component. In regards to the spec that is proposed, the answer is yes we can complete a solution that gives the experience needed and i firmly beleive it would new a happier customer. The answer is no for reason of gui and use case that we have actually limited our product intentionally because folks like the guy i had dinner with said it ruins our industry. I am quite confident that our companys success in 2006 will be noticed by every one of you in your market by the end of 2007. I don't like all the unproductive "sales tactics" and market ploy, jibberish that continues to plague this thread. We are simple hardworking people that are very dedicated to help CI and the industry evolve the way we have case studied and seen other industries involved. If you don't want to learn more about us with an open mind, then we will live with that. We have our current training schedule booked out through mid year and we have dealers excited about our product and willing to take our hand and walk together. I agree that building and industrial automation as well as production engineering for alot of things that we actually sell in the CE market are built by machinery that is very precision and reliable all on microsoft. Not to mention all the money transactions. At the point you really want to learn and spend productive time understanding how we see the evolution and you want to meet hundreds of dealers who are already being successful with this model. Come to a trade show, call one or our Regional Sales Managers, or call me and we will take dedicated time to address each question and concern that you have and then you can make an educated decision on whether you want to join our program. Unfortunately my schedule of 70 hours a week, and the barrage of angles on a thread like this make it nearly impossible to keep up. Keep in mind I am one guy and there is at least 12 with varying aspects and needs. I want the opportunity to earn each and every one of your business. And I am happy to make sure we take advantage of the opportunity if so granted. I will keep watching this, i am very interested in your feedback, but i think the feedback would be more productive if we could sit down with a system and we could show you what we do and how. Professionally yours Steve
SC

Hosting Services by ipHouse