Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 241 made on Thursday February 22, 2007 at 00:47
Moe's original BBQ
July 2005
First, I would like to say that I always (alright, generally) have more respect for any company willing to address questions and issues in a public forum. To that manner, thank you to the two gentlemen from EI for participating and taking a few lumps. To that effect, no matter what my personal view of this product is, I hope that EI will continue to show respect to the integrators (and some impersonators) on this and other forums by continuing to participate.

With all of that said, I find it amusing that the questions posed by QQQ and others have generally went unanswered. Misdirection and generalities do not qualify as answers. While it may look to the layman that Steve's offer to bring people out to the company for a personalized demo of the products specific to the questions and scenarios posed, that is nothing more than a sales tactic to shift questions and concerns to a controlled environment. The reason this thread has had the reactions that it has is due to the fact that salesmen are trying to sell salesmen. QQQ's question about software was addressed with the comment " a regional salesman can get you software". While that is fine and dandy, that is still a way to control the sales environment, and not a way to address technical questions posed by people who would like informed answers, and not a salesmans answer.

Gentlemen, might I suggest that if you are truely interested in courting the custom integrator, then maybe when questions are posed by REAL custom integrators, that you might answer them without the standard sales jargon. Start at the begining with QQQ, answer directly and publicly without having to talk to a regional sales puke in person.

Hosting Services by ipHouse