The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 220 made on Wednesday February 21, 2007 at 15:33
PHSJason
Advanced Member
December 2002
2-way feedback for little things is what sets a good system apart. Take for instance the "random" button on the CD page. If it shows that the CD player is in random mode, then the client will never(most likely) call and ask why it isn't playing in order. On the Tuner page, having the current station shown is a must. How else do you know what station you are on? Do you wait for the top of the hour for them to identify themselves? Volume is critical. If you push play on the CD, and then crank the volume, it can be several seconds before the CD starts playing only to find that the volume is now at MAX. Question: What volume setting do you listen to in your car? I bet you know the min/max numbers off the top of your head. You probably also know a certain number that you consider "max" even though it isn't the highest number. 2-way feedback is essential to any decent control system, and one of the things that truly differentiates the best systems.

I have noticed a pattern of manufacturers who don't support 2-way communications trying to down-play the importance of it.

Once again, the challenge stands, can EI do the system as I proposed it? This is a system that we sold half a dozen times last year on small/mid-size jobs with variations. I know AMX can. I know Crestron can. I have the feeling CQC can(feel free to chime in Dean). Can EI do it?

Hosting Services by ipHouse