The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 191 made on Tuesday February 20, 2007 at 23:18
Steve@EI
Long Time Member
February 2007
Oh where do you guys get the time. I am still am curious on the new guy, but thanks for business. Your appraoch is dead on as to what we see shops from big to small doing.
1 There are multiple people out there touting MDU ammenity solutions that are web and PC based. I have seen several hotels using them, nothing i have witnessed residentially, but email me on the side and i will give you the names, but you have to do the research. EI is agnostic, but there are alot of opportunities in the MDU arena and ammenities are on radar. That is all I can say. Keep in mind our solution is much better suited for MDU than anything else because the building has to have networking infastructure regardless of automation, so no extra infastructure is big to land a big job.
2 the vantage infusion things above fore 140+ loads is around 7K retail, take normal dealer margin off, the question is how much would you charge to intimately program that with amx or crestron(every load and scene with bi directional led status and such). With EI and vantage WSD interface i would have very load name and scene into our software in literally a minute with the plug in to the network connection and you would never reprogram anything in lifeware, regardless of light levels changing in scenes or such, as far as hardware, nothing required, but our controller suggested. Keep in mind, the homeowner just wants what they want for a price.
SC

Hosting Services by ipHouse