The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Tuesday August 21, 2007 at 18:07
stereoguy823
Advanced Member
February 2005
On August 21, 2007 at 03:44, RTI Installer said...
RTI has a product now for just about every price point,
The M2 looks like an 850, its at the same price point,
but the M2 is more powerful fom a system perspective,
you can also add and change black and white icons on the
screen, versus the URC text only concept. The T1 costs
even less.

In my world the 850 and M2 are in completely different ballparks. Shame. I hear what those of you in the know are saying but the massive price difference makes the choice a lot easier. For NOW, I'm sticking with URC handsets with the occasional RTI keypad.

So much great insight here, thanks for all the replies.

Now, one other thing. If my disty can't come up with the goods by the end of the week, is somebody here prepared to mail me a back box to the UK for an RK2 for a solid wall. I've been waiting for over two weeks and still nothing. It's for solid walls in Thermalite - the ones you can chase out without breaking into a sweat by hand. As far as I can tell it is not a J-box or multiple gang J-box. Perhaps someone can tell me how it mounts as the info sheet doesn't tell me much. The solid wall it's going to go in is going to be "dot 'n' dab". That means solid block with drywall 'glued' on top. If possible I'm happy to mount it into the drywall as if it was a stud wall and chase out a chunk of block to create a void behind. Not ideal, but needs must as my builder will want to get on....

Now I know what it's like from the other side now.
Sticking to what I'm good at.

Hosting Services by ipHouse