The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday October 1, 2007 at 08:53
dealcatch
Lurking Member
September 2007
They actually replaced the A'diva Ti for me for my surround system. My big speakers are Revels (Performa) but they are just in a stereo set up in the basement.

The Orb sound quality is very good and there are some serious reviews of the Orbs out there. If they aren't on their site, they are probably on google somewhere. I remember seeing something in Stereophile or Home Theater and also a web review where they took the stuff apart, etc. w/ photos.

Things I like:
Modular (you can do 1, 2 or 4 spheres per speaker, which leaves some flexibility for growth or customization from the start).
GREAT customer service. I mean really great...20 minute replies to emails and you talk to the people that own the company and build the speakers if you call in.
Beautiful metal finishes. The steel and copper are beautiful. So are the stainless mounts and stands.
Great price range
Great sub

Things I don't like
Small binding posts don't accept banana plugs

The #1 thing I would say about them is that people have the tendency to talk more about the Orbs than anything else I install, primarly b/c the cost/performance ratio is so good. Everyone expects $10,000+ speakers to sound amazing, but when you put in these small spheres as the second system somewhere they tend to steal the show. WAF is way off the charts, obviously, too. But I like these b/c people feel like they got a deal, and they did. They are great for customer relations and referrals. Even though they are lower cost than some other options, I use the money in the budget to get the customer a better receiver, TV, remote, etc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse