Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Monday November 5, 2007 at 18:30
2nd rick
August 2002
Are you kidding me?? HELL YES we can help Ernie get the forum software set up to his liking.

Ernie is one of the people who's posts I always make time to read... Even when I could really care less about the topic.

Ernie, you are not the only one to voice an opinion that the avatars are getting out of hand. I started a thread trying to be subtle (well, as subtle as I can be anyway!), no luck. A few went in and scaled them, but most of the large ones are still there.

I keep a reasonable size Joe Strummer photo as my avatar right now, but I had a big Bucky Badger not too long ago.

Here is the direction:

User CP
>
Edit Options (under Control Panel - Settings and Options)
>
scroll down to Thread Display Options
>
and there are check boxes to enable or disable Avatars, signatures, and attached or HTML linked images.

You can also set your preferences for how many posts per page, and how old the threads are that are visible to you.

My preferences are
- Linear view - oldest posts first...
- Show 10 posts per page...
- Show threads from the last Month...

Since you have a mousing issue and don't like the page flip, you may want to set your posts per page to a higher setting (you can go to 20, 30, or 40 posts per page)...

Even if you went to 20 posts per page with the avatars disabled, that is probably still less scrolling than a person with 10 posts per page and avatars on!!

Also, since you ARE registered and verified, bookmark this link to use as your primary entrance...
[Link: integrationpros.com]

You can always hit the big Integration Pros header at the top of the page to take you to the home area to see the files and downloads area or the PayPal box during the fund raiser drives.
Rick Murphy
Troy, MI

Hosting Services by ipHouse