Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday November 5, 2007 at 00:34
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Well, that was amusing.

I went to the site and signed in using the boxes near the top of the page. Because I could see them without scrolling and they looked like boxes for signing in, I signed in there.

Then I got a message saying welcome and thanks for signing in. Success!

Then the first page came back welcoming me and presenting a box for me to sign in at. Short-lived success, I guess. So, being a rat who has to go through the maze several times before learning how not to bang my head into the wall, I tried again the same way.

I got a message saying welcome and thanks for signing in. Success!

Then the first page came back...just as before. Ah. No success. Again. So I scrolled down and saw that there was ANOTHER pair of boxes where I could sign in. So I signed in there. I mean, what the heck, right?

SUCCESS! I GOT THE 404 MESSAGE! It's really sad for a web site when reaching a 404 message can be termed "success." Then I did as oex suggested and the site came up.

I'm back here now. The reason I spend so little time there is crap like this, and the small amount of page space devoted to posts, that is, the small number of posts per page. AHEM, I love the picture of Brian but it makes a one-line post from you take up a half page! Maybe I'll grab an eight-inch high photo as my avatar and see if anyone complains.... And I just generally find the site cumbersome in comparison to remotecentral.

Oh, yeah, and why are the things you have to click on to be as small as they are there? Going to the next page requires precision mousiness: there’s a little box to click on, but they haven’t even made it so the whole box is clickable, just the even smaller number inside. The > that gets you to the next page is even smaller than the numbers. I'd much rather always click the > than the number, but it's harder to get on top of.

Ever try to buy the integration pros T-shirt shown at the IP Store on the main page? I went there once and found thousands of shirts but could not for the life of me find the ip shirt. And I’ll never know if my buddy is right that the t shirts they sell there are really poor quality because I can’t find an ip one.

As they say in France, biche, biche, biche.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse