Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday May 16, 2008 at 09:42
Sc0tty
July 2003
We have a job that the homeowner has a 20amp dedicated circuit for both the master bedroom, and the family room. He has quite a bit of equipment at both locations. He supplied all of the equipment outside of the remotes, and the equipment includes a Moster HTS3600 in the closet, a HTS2000 for the master Plasma, video switcher (Pioneer Plasma with off board video switcher), and sub. In the family room he has a Panamax M5100. With pretty much everything running through it as the surge/conditioner. I could list out all of the equipment, but I'm not sure the keyboard has enough letters to do so..sigh....

Now it gets weird. His ceiling fan switchs in the family room, and master bedroom are an RF 3 button control. It controls obviously the speed of the fan. When you turn on the fan in the master or the family room the sound from the sat box cuts out for about 1 second. If you watch the display on the receivers you notice that the normal "Dolby Digital" goes away for a split second and shows "PLXII" Prologic. Then it goes back to DD. It's almost as if the Sat receiver stops sending audio for a second. This was noticed before the dedicated circuit was installed. I immediatley pointed to the fan controllers as the problem, but we noticed that the standard light switch for the light on the fan would do the same thing about every 10th time you flipped it on or off. After the didicated circuit was installed it continued. His older Z1 died, and we replaced it with a new Z11. The family room no longer does this, but the master continues to switch the audio as before. He has a nice Yamaha in the master (don't know the model, but he got it on sale for $2800), so I'm not sure why the receiver change in the family room stopped the issue.

I'm baffled. The elcetrician is befuddled, the builder just shakes his head, and the homeowner is beside himself.....I don't know where to look fellas.
I long for a better world. One in which a chickens motives will not be questioned when mearly crossing the road.

Hosting Services by ipHouse