The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday February 12, 2004 at 14:36
TV Guy II
Lurking Member
February 2004
I've already figured out the power-on function that you suggested. I created a second "dummy" TV button with the power-on function associated to it. I use that in the macro to turn the system on then switch to the normal TV setting (I don't want the power-on command every time I switch to TV). This works fine. Now I need a way to turn the system off.

Someone has loaned me a Radio Shack 15-1911 remote. The instructions look similar to the 15-2103 remote you suggest. What is the secret to programing discrete codes in either one of these remote. As far as I can see from the instructions for either model you can only program entire device codes (TV, VCR etc.) into them. At least the remote I have doesn't recognize the discrete code (109 for off in this case) when I follow the instructions.

Another approach I thought about would be to add my amp power-off command to the end of the factory macro that shuts off Sony gear. Is there anyway to use one macro in another macro. I can't make it work but maybe you know a trick.

Thanks,
Peter

Hosting Services by ipHouse