The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday February 12, 2004 at 00:05
TV Guy II
Lurking Member
February 2004
I just got a Sony RM-AV3000 universal remote. I’m trying to program macros to turn my system (TV & amp) on and off to replace the factory installed macros. My Yamaha receiver has discrete codes to turn it on and off which I can copy from it’s remote. I’ve also discovered that my Sony TV has discrete on/off codes but all my Sony remotes (except the AV3000) only have the toggle command. The discrete codes would be handy because it wouldn’t matter what state either of the components where in (on/off) when I send the command.

Looking through some of the other threads it looks like I need to have another remote to program the codes into so I can learn them to the AV3000. I’ve got to tell you that I’m a little disappointed that I have to buy another remote to program the “ultimate” remote.

My question is, since the codes are in the remote (they are used in the factory installed macros that sweep through and turn all the Sony gear on or off) is there any way to use them in my own macro?

My second question is, if I can’t transfer the codes in this remote what is the cheapest remote I can buy that will accept the discrete codes I need? I’ve downloaded some manuals for the Radio Shack remotes mentioned in the other threads and none of the “cheap” ones say anything about discrete codes.

Beyond this, I really like the remote and hopefully I can overcome this so my wife can watch a DVD without phoning me to talk her through the set-up.

Thanks,
Peter

Hosting Services by ipHouse