The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday July 1, 2004 at 20:14
Nightcheck
Long Time Member
June 2004
When you speak of "teaching any key" are you referring to the keys in the middle of the 2500 i.e., arrows, ok, volume, channel, system control (a,b,c.) etc., and not referring to the the keys on the "touchscreen display" as well as the bottom two rows of the componenet keys?
I believe you are correct that the amplifier key on my remote probably doesn't send a signal as nothing changes on my receiver when I press it. All it does is allow me to use the four keys on my remote to select the A/V mode (THX, Dolby Digital, stereo, etc.)
I first tried to Teach the Amplifier key to the "ok" button on my 2500 - but this didn't work, but what is interesting and a bit confusing for me is that I then taught the 4 arrow keys (surrounding the ok key) on my 2500 to learn the four modes on my receiver remote - This worked... and now whenever I select my compnent to Amp, I can use the arrow keys to select one of the four modes - which is great - just what I wanted.. but where I get confused is I have no way of letting my 2500 know I want to be in the "amplifier" mode - yet somehow it doesn't matter. If I use my AMP remote, it won't let me select any of the four modes unless I first press "amplifier" -
I'm not complaining - I'm so happy it works - I would juts feel better if I knew why...
Thanks for all your help..

Hosting Services by ipHouse