The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday January 8, 2006 at 22:04
stonetech1
Lurking Member
January 2006
I just bought a Sony RM-Vl710 remote and I love it. The only problem is that when I use it with my amp (Kenwood VR-309, which controls all of my video inputs), it has two problems:

1. When I press the TV/Video button on the remote, it will go from Cable to VCR but it will not go back to Cable and it never selects DVD. If I use my Kenwood remote (RC-R0608) to switch video inputs, it works perfectly. For some reason the Sony just doesn't.

2. Even though I have my VCR, digital cable box, and DVD player hooked up to the amp in the order Video 1, Video 2, and Video 3, when I press the Video 2 button on the Sony remote, nothing happens (it should change the amp to the Cable input). When I press the Video 3 button on the Sony remote, it changes to the Cable input (but it should have changed to the DVD input). I can't ever get the Sony remote to change the amp's video input to DVD!!!

I have tried to "learn" the video input selector from my Kenwood remote to the Sony remote, but all that does is create the behavior in #1 above. Before I did that, the TV/Video button on the Sony remote did nothing. I really like this Sony remote in that it seems to do everything else I need, but if I can't find a way to make this work, I will have to return it.

I am open to all suggestions since there is a lot of expertise in this forum. I also noticed other threads that seemed to have similar problems with managing inputs on a TV (not an amp) and another post about using discrete codes (not sure if I can do that with the Kenwood remote). Thanks for any help!

Hosting Services by ipHouse