The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Wednesday February 2, 2005 at 08:22
ofafan
Founding Member
May 2002
On 02/02/05 05:17 ET, Jeff Farrar said...
Sorry...I do taxes for the public and lost track
of time and the thread.

No problem.

Yes, the DC 129 will carry me to Componet2.

Good.

If I am on an input and press up or down on the
channel button, the TV simply goes to the next
one in sequence without defaulting to a specific
input. If we turn the TV off with the input set
to Componet3 {DVD Player}, it will be on Componet3
when turned back on.

OK.

And my code for the Sanyo IS 0154.

Thank you.

If you agree that it will be OK to leave the VCR on, then lets first set up your power OFF macro to just turn the TV to Component 2 and then off.
So, for example:
Macro on Macro button 4 is:
TV
(whatever button we decide to put 129 on)
(maybe repeat that here, depending on how fast the TV will respond to the command)
Power

That will be for when you want to turn the TV off. It will also allow you to get things back in order if they get out of sync.

In order to fill in where the parentheses are, we will need to assign the DC 129 to a button. For example, you could put it on the INPUT button, as once that is pressed, you can use CH+/- to scroll through the inputs instead of INPUT. So choose one, and follow the commands on page 20-21 of the manual to assign it. Where it says choose a source key, press SETUP, 1, 2, 9 then go to your destination key.

If this all works we can go on to using Macro 1, 2, and 3 for your input devices. High WAF with that!

By the way, is there a way for you to move the component cable or otherwise change the input so that it comes in on Comp2? It would simplify things.
Jim

Hosting Services by ipHouse