Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday July 21, 2003 at 20:57
jamesgammel
Founding Member
March 2002
On 07/21/03 18:31, Jaidev Patel said...
How do I disable the Auto-Activation Mechanism?

People have "complained" that they hear a rattling sound when they shake the remote. It's reported that that rattle sound is a little ball that moves in a "holder" hitting either end kicking in the circuit. You could remove the ball or the mechanism to disable it (at your own risk, of course).

Does that mean it won't turn on if I pick it up?,

that should be obvious

if so how do I turn the remote on?

doesn't it "turn on" if you "touch a 'button'"?

The remote obviously depends on being in a horizontal position for this feature to work. Have your tried something really stupid like propping it up on one SIDE so that the ball is resting down against one contact surface and gravity would likely keep it there? Yeah, once set down it will "lite" but after about 10 seconds it should "time-out" and go out. Picking it up nad putting it back in a flat, horizontal position should activate it.

I still find it quite remarkable that this thing is so sensitive that merely opening a door will activate it. I've seen what some "elephant" footed people can do--my son can walk in such a perverted way that everything in the house rattles, where no one else even elicits a shimmer. Weight doesn't seem to be a factor, it's the way he walks. It's said that a common dog walking across a bridge does more structural damage to the bridge than the sum total of all the cars that cross it in a day--it's the way dogs walk (something about vibraton and resonance).

Jim

Hosting Services by ipHouse