The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Monday January 21, 2008 at 22:50
tgrugett
Select Member
August 2004
232 is really easy once you understand how it is documented and how your control system represents it. It is far more straightforward than IR especially for one way control.

Regarding IR... I do this extra work to save me headaches down the road. At this point it really does not take much extra time to generate clean codes. I have found that the time it takes me to analyze and generate the codes is far offset by the time savings in the field trying to troubleshoot something that could be a code problem especially when you are working with the same devices over and over. Since I have been doing this my systems run better, faster and more reliable. When I do encounter issues I can usually identify code problems quickly and provide solutions. I realize how valuable this is whenever I used learned codes (especially from another source). I would say that I have a 5%+ issue rate with jobs using codes I have learned and about a 25% issue rate with jobs using learned codes from other sources. I have nearly zero code issues with generated codes (provided there is no user error). In addition, I usually can find discretes on my own if they exist rather than posting desperate cries for help in the RC forums or spending hours searching.

Hosting Services by ipHouse