Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday December 5, 2000 at 11:05
archiguy
Historic Forum Post
Well, I'm at my wit's end. I thought that by deleting the cloned buttons (in the remote and in my MXOP file)and adding them back, being very careful not to let them touch any other buttons in the process, I would thus be able to vanquish my clones and return to individual programmability for each and every button. Alas, after spending an entire evening doing just that, and downloading the revised program to the reomote, I've discovered that nothing's changed. The exact same clones are in the exact same positions. I thought I might try the MS-Access approach that John G. recommended but found that the program costs more than the remote did! Short of wiping everything out and starting from scratch (the default configuration in the MXOP and on the remote), I don't know what else to do. I spent countless hours coming up with the ideal configuration and the thought of starting over is rather unappealing. And I'm not sure even that would work! Any suggestions out there?? My sanity is at stake!!!

Mike Gifford suggested I return the remote to the company, but I'm fairly sure that it's not a hardware problem. The remote itself works like a champ, at least for the non-cloned buttons. It seems to be a MXOP problem and they don't seem to be in any rush to get it solved and a revised version posted on their web site. Is this any way to run a company?

Hosting Services by ipHouse