Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday December 4, 2000 at 11:44
archiguy
Historic Forum Post
Once I figured out that copying a button from one device page to another in the MXOP causes a program crash if there is more than one line of text on the button, I experienced no more problems with the inherent stability of the program, i.e. no more crashes. I just delete one the text lines and it them seems to work like a champ. Got all my screens designed, downloaded to the remote and everything looked perfect. I then re-programed all the devices (since the preprogramed functions are lost in a download) and have come against the most vexing problem yet: cloned buttons! I have them all over, sometimes just a pair, sometimes 5 or 6. Teaching one button a command or macro teaches them all the same command.

This problem has been addressed before in these forum threads, but never comprehensively. Has anyone, including Mike Gifford, been able to figure out exactly why this happens and how to avoid it? I think that if you copy a button from one page to another, it will keep it's learned function, right? So, I tried copying buttons that had no function previously assigned and figured I could create as many buttons as I needed on a page that way, then change their style if needed, download the configuration to the remote and reprogram. (I was careful to not let any buttons touch any other, even just a corner.) The result was clones galore. So, then I tried adding buttons, same problem. If you add a button, you're essentially hitting the "select" command on the button utility and then dragging it onto the work space. Do you have to aviod touching even a corner of any existing button already in the work space with the "add" function as well? That's really hard to do since you "drag" each button (or it's dotted line "facsimile") from the right edge of the screen to where you need it. It's tough to avoid other buttons while doing this; perhaps you just have to build your screen "from left to right"....

Uploads are a real problem for me. It seems that the uploaded version always has bugs in it. I keep getting error windows with "Invalid font" or "No more input text!", text disappears all together, etc. So, I've decided to avoid uploads entirely and just create the perfect configuration on the computer, download, and reprogram to eventually get the remote configured. But these cloned buttons are driving me nuts! Any help out there?

Hosting Services by ipHouse