The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday December 3, 2000 at 19:13
Chris Souders
Historic Forum Post
Hi all,

Think this is a great remote but a few things have been bothering me while using it compared to my original remotes...A few questions/observations...

1) I used to hold channel or volume buttons down and the remote would send commands repetitively so I didn't have to hit the button 15 times to go up 15 channels or to increase the volume. Currently, each individual change requires a seperate button push on the MX1000. Can I get it to perform as the original remotes?

2) When running a macro off of the M keys from the main page, I can get the macro to end (meaning to display the certain page when the macro is done) on any page in the remote, except for the Main1(favorite) page. How can I point it to the Main1 page during macro programming?

3) Lastly, any news on future ability to, via the computer, enter remote codes? I'm sure some of my equipment has discrete codes not on the original remote and discrete use would make macros a hell of a lot easier.

4) I enter button text on the main remote, and when I upload to the program, it gives me a "invalid font" error and those buttons are then blank...

5) If I upload the learned functions from the remote, does that store the commands associated with each button, including the macros? I seem to have lost all macros when I programmed the remote as I liked it, uploaded both operating program and learned function, made some changes to the text of some buttons, and then downloaded the operating program and learned function.

Anyways, despite all my issues, I really like this remote a lot. I'm hoping the smaller thread count on this forum, versus say the pronto forum, is evidence of more content users who generally are having no problems.

Chris

Hosting Services by ipHouse