Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday December 7, 2000 at 15:48
archiguy
Historic Forum Post
I concur with John G. who has helped me before (thx!). The approach he suggests is the correct one. I tried copying, and later, adding buttons but found out that created more clones than Laurence Olivier in "The Boys From Brazil". Once created, the only way to rid yourself of the vermin is to delete them on the remote itself, and insert & label new ones. That is, as our Fearless Leader Daniel suggests in his review, an exercise in slow torture. I exercised said torture about 120 times due to cloned buttons. I could possible have started over from the default screens, then downloaded and programmed, but I had already invested a considerable amount of time in designing the "perfect" layouts and didn't want to duplicate that effort. Sort of a no-win choice.

And forget the preprogrammed codes. The time you save by using them will be lost in identifying and relabling the buttons you've changed, not to mention the ones that were just mislabled by the codes themselves. Trust me, you'll save a lot of aggrevation; wish I had known this stuff when I started a couple of weeks ago...

I've finally got the thing working perfectly now and it is da' bomb. But it was a long, arduous process and didn't need to be. The software is simply not ready for Prime Time and URC needs to be urgently working on an updated version that corrects these known bugs and posting it on their website, PRONTO! Oops, I guess that's not a good term to use in this forum. Good luck!

Hosting Services by ipHouse