The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 163 made on Friday September 13, 2002 at 22:37
Mike C
Founding Member
April 2002
Now it's my turn to say WOW. What an incredible and gratifying response. Thank you. I shipped out my beta versions today so the recipients should get them next week. As you know I'm taking a vacation during that time so that'll give some time for delivery and early testing. I only planned a few beta versions and they are all spoken for but thanks for the offers to test.

I spoke with the production guy today and he sees no major problems. One minor problem requires me to put a different part on order which will be delivered by the time I return. So an initial production run is loosely scheduled to begin around the 25th of this month. Two to three weeks later I will have a batch to ship. Life is never quite that smooth so I expect a few bumps. That will give me some time to organize the business side of things, including price, and remodel the web site, which I have neglected during prototype testing.

I suppose I could sell a kit of parts but most of them are surface mount and are extremely difficult to solder by hand. Check out the size of a 0402 component for example and let me know if you want to try. It really is just an exercise in soldering.

Mike

Hosting Services by ipHouse