Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 131 made on Monday September 2, 2002 at 13:28
Mike C
Founding Member
April 2002
Craig

I just checked the key press capture feature and it works as follows. Once it is set up it will wait for up to 30 seconds for you to press a key. If this time expires without a key press it terminates and you get no results. If you did press a key the IRCLONE-MX will capture and report all light pulses until it sees a 3 second gap at which point it terminates and all results can be stored as a file and later examined. Activity is reported as groups of pulses and gaps. A group of pulses is reported as the total number of pulses and the total time from the first pulse edge to last pulse edge in a group. A gap is any period greater than 205 micro-seconds up to 3 seconds for which no light pulses are seen. Reporting is in 0.2 micro-second increments.

I think that covers pretty much every key press or group of key presses out there. I haven't measured what the minimum pulse width the IRCLONE-MX can capture is but I will get to that later.

Let me know if you agree or disagree that this covers everything or have any other suggestions.

Mike

Hosting Services by ipHouse