The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 90 made on Sunday July 14, 2002 at 18:49
Mike C
Founding Member
April 2002
Had a great vacation. Returned refeshed and as it happens intuitively lucky. I have been able to successfully download files to the MX-500 so everything now works. The new USB drivers haven't been released yet as far as I can see. I played around a little and was able to make the old ones behave reliably enough to not only download each individual device but "ALL" as well. My MX now is restored to its former state with all labels and learned buttons.

I have done some testing to check things out. After I downloaded ALL I uploaded it again and compared it with the original saved file. Every byte matched perfectly. I then downloaded the 10 individual devices and then uploaded ALL to the PC. Again the ALL file matched the original so I am pretty happy that I have figured out the complete sequence correctly.

There is at least one thing I still need to figure out and that is the error checking scheme that the MX-500 uses during cloning. I do know that it uses such a scheme as I have sent it bad data deliberately and the receiving device rejects the file. I just need to figure out what the scheme is. I see this as necessary to protect the remote during up and downloads.

My next step is to publish the files that I have so that anyone who is interested can start to pick the contents of the files apart. I need to do that to figure out the error protection scheme.

Mike C

P.S. If I have been consistent upload refers to MX to PC and download is vice-versa.

Hosting Services by ipHouse