The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 77 made on Monday July 1, 2002 at 01:10
Mike C
Founding Member
April 2002
My goal is to be able to capture the data being cloned from the MX-500 to a PC. To allow storage of the captured file and possible manipulation of the data. The final goal is to be able to send at least the captured file back to the MX-500.

At present I can claim success for the first two items on the list. I can, reliably capture data from the MX-500 and save it on a PC. I can send it back but some data gets lost and we are working this problem. I do not know if I capture all the data yet as the lack of ability to send back data reliably is holding up the last step in understanding the cloning process. As the time taken for the process is about half what the manual says I think I am not quite there yet. A couple of days maybe to get a fix.

I have some files from all ten devices and also the whole lot. It seems that not cloning labels when cloning just one device can be explained. So far I have captured 4096 bytes from each device. I capture 45056 bytes when I clone all. That is exactly 11 times as much. It should be 10 times as much. It is also clear from inspection of the captured file that the extra 4096 bytes are the label table as I can see all my FAVS in the file. The other 10 parts of the "ALL" file are almost exactly the same as the individual device files. The labels are not present in the device files only the "ALL" file.

I am also thinking that with a little understanding that it will be possible to capture the "ALL" file and move the individual devices around within it so they appear in different places on the screen. Don't know if the customized labels will move appropriately but that seems a nice feature if we can make it work.

I'll post the files and an explanation before I go on vacation.

Mike

Hosting Services by ipHouse