The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 56 made on Monday May 20, 2002 at 23:22
Mike C
Founding Member
April 2002
Judging from your reactions I must have sounded a little threatening. I am sorry that was not my intent. I was just curious to see how much interest there is.

I have come to a point where it is going to take a little while to reach my objective. That is to provide a means of transferring the contents of a MX-500 to a PC and back again so as to provide at least a back-up. I can see that there are a few who will take it further than that by analyzing the contents of what is captured to see how it can be modified or created from scratch or whether the captured file can be massaged into the MX-700 software.

I have to put together yet another gizmo, write some firmware for it while my son-in-law writes the PC software. This time it will be similar to the UIRT used with Girder. Thank you Adam H for bringing this to my attention. I hope this one will be good enough and cheap enough for everyone's use. I may aim it so that it can be used as a general-purpose remote control for the PC and also to be used for figuring out how other URs clone. It has to use a different version of the micro-controller than the UIRT because we'll be sending long strings of data to and from the PC.

It's going to take a few weeks but I'll keep you informed along the way when there is some progress to report.

Mike

Hosting Services by ipHouse