The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 48 made on Friday May 17, 2002 at 00:25
Mike C
Founding Member
April 2002
I have made some more progress with the IR cloning but unfortunately I am not at the end of this yet.

After modifying my gizmo to send back the "ready to receive signal" the "sending" MX started spewing data. This is what I was hoping for but unfortunately about halfway through the MX stops sending and displays "FAILD". I presume it is expecting some sort of confirmation from the receiving device before continuing. While spewing data the MX indicates this by a little arrow in the bottom field of the display that moves upwards and then flips back to the bottom and the cycle repeats about every second. When sending in "DEV" mode I see 2 cycles of this arrow and 19 cycles for the "ALL" mode. Can anyone with two MXs tell me what happens for a successful "DEV" and "ALL" send cycle please.

When spewing data the 1.6 micro-second (us) pulse changes to a width of 2.2 to 2.3 us. The repetition period is either 13.3 or 20 us as before. 9 pulses are sent as a group with a period of 205 us between groups.

My gizmo is a circuit card with about 12 ICs on it. Obviously this is not going to work for anyone but an investigator like myself and I am now figuring a new direction to take that would make it much easier for others to obtain some hardware and software at a reasonable price. So my question is anyone but Greg still reading this thread? Also is anyone still interested in me continuing?

Mike

Hosting Services by ipHouse