The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday November 27, 2003 at 14:00
Rayzz
Long Time Member
February 2003
I have been playing around with my RS 2116 and a (borrowed) JP1 cable to se if I can use it to simplify the setup for my MX500.

Today I spent quite a bit of time looking at IRclone information, which is very similar to JP1. Looks like it is much simpler (although a bit more expensive) to just move directly to the IRclone piece to set up the MX500. (I can always use the 2116 for the stray discreet code). Aside from being visual and simple, IRclone looks to provide benefits for saving time and understanding what is actually in the remote without doing manual programming.

The questions:
1) Is my logic correct? Once I get past the investment, I see alot of upside and little ownside for using IRclone.

2) The IRclone site shows some software (CCF2MX-2 and pronto2irclone) that appear to be utilities for for converting/using Pronto codes. Is that the case?

If someone could expand on #2 (difficulty/simplicity of using the software and converting codes), I would appreciate it. The pronto file section of the forum is much more robudt than the MX500 section.

My reasons for chasing this are as follows:
1) I just added a new Denon DVM-4800 CD/DVD player to my setup and this brings two issues - 1) adding all of the codes to the MX500 and my macros need to be redone.

2) I've had the MX500 for 7 moths. While I love the thing, I know there is much more functionality available than I am taking advantage of.

I hope I am explaining this correctly. IRclone appears to be a terrific solution and I just need a nudge from some satisifed users/experts to go after it.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Ray

Hosting Services by ipHouse