Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Wednesday November 20, 2002 at 00:31
Mike C
Founding Member
April 2002
Hutcha,

What you say is true about there being a driver available for the USB chip at the web site you linked to. Neither Dave, nor Greg nor I have actually been able to get XP to recognize these drivers as they are unsigned. I have gone as far as telling XP to load them anyway, which it does, but when I try to use them XP says it cannot start them. I am using XP Home edition, version 1.04.01, but I don't know what what Dave or Greg uses. If you have one of the other operating system available, to get you out of trouble, I am sure folks would appreciate you downloading from the PC to the MX-500 to see if it can be done with XP. Your first crash can be scary with the 500's text turning to little bowling pins but that's what the other OS is for to help you restore in the event of a catastrophe. If you'd like to email your upload to me I'll load it into my MX-500 first just to make sure it's valid.

There is another driver called the VCP driver which treats the FTDI chip as a COM port. I have loaded those into XP and been able to upload from the MX-500 to the PC but not download. The download crashes. Actually this is true for all the OS I have tried these drivers out on. Dave figures in time he could use them to give us XP compatibility if FTDI don't come through with the D2XX drivers. However there is only him doing the editor and the BackUp Utility and its time for him to get you guys a glimpse of the editor.

Mike

Hosting Services by ipHouse