The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday July 24, 2006 at 07:48
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On July 24, 2006 at 04:52, PChek said...
I had no idea whether the leadin and leadout portions
of they body should be included for _each_ of
the two strings I wanted to concatenate, or not.

Did you mean "leadin and leadout" or did you mean "repeat". I'm pretty sure the leadin and leadout are required for each.

So I built four sets of codes, then downloaded
them for testing.

IIUC, you did have leadin and leadout for each command in all four samples, and you left out the first repeat part in all four samples. You varied whether or not you left out the second repeat part and whether or not you added a little delay inside the first leadout. Apparently those variations made little difference.

The first set did not repeat with the button held
down. The second set and the fourth set both
performed the desired function, then (if the button
was held down) rapidly repeated

I find this strange, as the second
set includes the repeat burst, and the fourth
set does not.

I think that's a bug in the Universal Browser.

I didn't notice an explicit mention of the Universal Browser in this thread. But this is a URC forum, not a Pronto forum.

The device itself probably doesn't need a repeat part for the signal. A Pronto is perfectly happy to use Pronto Hex without a repeat part. But the Universal Browser won't correctly import Pronto Hex without a repeat part. I should have mentioned that earlier and explicitly asked whether the Universal Browser is involved.

I don't fully understand the transformation you get when you try to import Pronto Hex without a repeat part. I'd expect worse results than you described. But I stil think that bug is the cause of the repeats that you didn't expect.

Hosting Services by ipHouse