Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Monday August 21, 2006 at 18:02
yromj
Long Time Member
May 2006
Greg,

I didn't read very much of the other threads either. (When I saw some of the personal bickering that was going back and forth, I left them alone.) The "what-ifs" that I mentioned came about because of my questioning the future.

As an aside, I think this really is a MAJOR marketing blunder by URC. They just alienated the entire DIY market.

I think they should offer two lines of remotes: the first line is their current line which requires the use of authorized dealers, etc. The second line should be the web or DIY line. These should come w/ no software, but the software be available for d/l (as it was before), and neither the product nor software have any support directly through URC.

This would allow people who want to go it alone, and save some serious money, the oppurtunity to do so. It would also allow the people who everything setup for them, to have that, also. This would cover two markets (and I feel the two markets are very seperate from each other) w/ essentially one set of products. All they have to do is sell the web line as "OEM" products just as most computer parts companies do.

John
As my circle of knowledge grows, so grows the circumference of the unknown.

Hosting Services by ipHouse