The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Saturday August 19, 2006 at 02:02
GregoriusM
RC Consultant
December 1999
John: Why would you think that some day you won't be able to do something with it?

You'll be able to do everything that it purports to do now, and possibly a feature or two they add down the road.

The only thing you may lose is the updated database sometime down the road. You'll still have your fully functioning PC software, your fully functioning 950 or 1000, and still be able to learn any codes that you need.

This policy has not limited you in any way. Buy your new remote, program it, use it, love it...... for years to come..... since the quality of URC's remotes has been well established.

As I said in another thread, let's not shoot ourselves in the foot because of a perceived lack of support by URC. How they handled the change is certainly up for discussion and I am not the happiest camper in that regard, but I have in my possession every one of the remotes you mention, and even if they did stop Live Updates today, I'd be able to use and configure every one of them for years to come!

John..... don't shoot yourself in the foot! Your wife loves the 900. She'll love the next URC you buy. I'd take the WAF factor in a heart beat!

Greg
When ignorance is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wise.

Hosting Services by ipHouse