Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday December 13, 1999 at 08:37
Greg West
Historic Forum Post
I just purchased a RCA Dolby DSS Receiver DRD480RE. It has a digital connection, S-Video, two video, audio component connections and Sat in and Sat out to TV via coax. I connected the S-video to my TV and the RCA digital conn. to the digital 1 connection on my Pioneer VSX-508 rec. I was thinking the s-video from the RCA to the TV could take place of the coax RCA out to the VHF/UAF coax connection on the TV but it doesn't work with out it. I get soud, but not dolby digital. On my pioneer rec. you can switch the digital connection to TV, VCR, CD, or MD. I set it TV. I have the component audio from the TV going to receiver. Anyway the digital connection from the RCA to the Pioneer rec. is not working because I can pull it out and I still get the sound.

I am looking for a way to get the Dolby Digital working from the Sat. to my Audio rec. Any ideas how I should hook all this up. I also have a VCR with only component Video, and a DVD that is connected via digital coax connection and S-video from TV to DVD that working great.
I am very confused :(

Hosting Services by ipHouse