The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Wednesday July 4, 2007 at 07:44
Kupakai
Long Time Member
September 2006
While I don't want to discount an actual owner's claim that one of the new codes work (since I don't own one of these TVs), but I don't think even the new version of the remote include a code that will work with the newer Olevia TVs, like the 2,3, and 5 series. I looked up what type of signal TV/11331, TV/11144, and TV/11240 would be sending and none of the match what the TV uses. 11331 and 11240 does match the one the older models of Olevia uses, which is the same one used by TV/0178 that someone mentioned above.

Only known built in code so far that works with the newer Olevia TVs is TV/1610, as Edmund's been saying, and even the new Comcast remote does not have that. There is a new version of Atlas 5 DVR that has that code, but it is difficult to identify that version from the several other older versions of that remote that doesn't have it.

There is a way to get the Comcast remote to work with the newer Olevia TV, however, but it requires either buying or making a cable to hook up the remote to the computer. If you open the battery compartment, there is a 6 pin header above the batteries. UEI uses that to upload custom programming if needed. People over at JP1 site have figured out how to use the header to program the remote, including adding upgrades for new devices. Someone has already made the upgrade file for Olevia 2,3,4,5, and 7 series so it's only a matter of downloading the upgrade file and the applications for programming the remote, and using it to upload the upgrade file to the remote. If you are interested in doing this, start by reading this thread.

Hosting Services by ipHouse