Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Saturday January 17, 2009 at 12:27
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I was just wondering. That makes sense.

This thread has bothered me from the start because it looks like a commercial thread, where someone is selling something. Then it turns out that they don't seem to be selling anything. They're hinting at something great being out there...that apparently is not available. That leaves me wondering what value this thread has to any of us.

Since you guys seem to know all about this, would you please give us information that is useful to us as end users or as installers? I don't mind doing a research project when I have to solve a weird-ass problem for a client, but this thread makes finding out what the antenna actually IS into a research project!

First, it looks like this:

although no exact specification is given anywhere as to just how long that nice fringe in the back must be....

Second, if that's not the right illustration, how about giving us ALL the information we need, instead of just sending us out to seek out the information you already have? And where can this be gotten? Must this be home made?

After looking at the picture for a moment, I just realized that I don't know something as basic as whether the antenna is shown in its mounting orientation, or whether it would be mounted like a yagi. I see no obvious mounting points to help me out here. I'm guessing, since it looks like a variation on a bowtie antenna, that "up" in the phto is "up" when in use. Please don't criticize if it seems totally obvious to you; this antenna is described as almost revolutionary, so how can I make assumptions about it?

Last edited by Ernie Bornn-Gilman on January 17, 2009 12:54.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse