After no one responded to my request (perhaps I wasn't very clear) I found it within myself and within the pages of RC to decide to wait on my purchase. As much as I'd like to get my hands on an RTI system, it is more important to me to do it myself than to have what some of the installers here believe to be the best. At this time, the URC family of products is my first choice for a few reasons but I'm going to wait until the mrf-400 comes out as I am hoping it will increase the reliability of the RF.
From a quality assurance point of view, if URC sees this send me a package and I'll beta test it (mrf-400 and potentially a mx-3000) for you (ha). The mrf-500/mx-3500 combo seems intriguing but personally I'd rather go cheaper and "trade up" in a little while. With companies like C4 lurking out there, I think the overall home automation system is within our consumer hands sooner than I think.
see: [Link: remotecentral.com]