Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday August 29, 2001 at 00:30
Greg
Founding Member
August 2001
Brett,

I have a possible solution for you regarding the wireless speakers that might just work for you. JVC has 900MHz wireless digital-lock speakers for about $150. I found them at Sam's club but could not find any data on them on the JVC site, nor on the Sam’s club website. I was at Sam's club last weekend and they still carry them.
There are a few ways that you can use these speakers:

1. Use them as portable speakers running off of your main system with 6-D batteries. Your best bet in this scenario is to buy rechargeable alkaline batteries.

2. In a surround sound scenario, you'd probably want to use the plug in AC adapter. To automate them plug the AC adapter into an X10 appliance module- The lamp modules make them buzz even if is at 100%.

What I like about these over all other wireless speakers is that you don't have a dial to fine tune the speakers on both the transmitter and the speaker. These just have a dial to select a new frequency on the transmitter then the speaker is simple and just has a button that locks onto the signal. They have an automatic digital lock.

The speakers are great & I have no idea why they are so hard to find.

The only thing that may not appeal to you is that the volume control is manual on each speaker. The inputs for the transmitter are RCA or mini headset in. To make it compatible with variable speaker outputs, Radio shack has a modulator that converts speaker out's to RCA. Its a special order part & I don’t know what the number is.

Good luck,
Greg

This message was edited by Greg on 08/31/01 12:56.35.

Hosting Services by ipHouse