The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Thursday October 25, 2001 at 11:06
Larry Fine
Loyal Member
August 2001
UR, I personally do have fairly 'complete' control. My speakers are the original Definitive Technology BP-2000's, a CLR-2000 center, BP-X sides, BP-20 rears. My signal handling is done by a B&K AVP-4090 pre-pro, and the power is supplied by a Sunfire Stereo (300W x 2) on the mains, and a Cinema Grand (200W x 5) on the center, sides, and rears. Oh, yeah, I use a Sony DPL decoder for rear-center extraction.

The BP-2000's have powered subs (300W ea.), with line-level inputs, and the B&K has LFE outs, so I think my signals are being handled adequately. I was merely pointing out that almost all speakers, even those with removeable links and are bi- or tri-wired, have the same type of "fixed in line level" high- and low-pass filters that you disdain.

I'm very familiar with active crossovers and multi-amp systems. Most people don't realize that the speakers' crossover components should be bypassed when multi-amp setups are used, because, beside interfering with the active crossover's settings,they also prevent the amps from controlling the drivers' movements outside the respective frequency ranges. (Known as 'damping')

Larry

Hosting Services by ipHouse