Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Thursday December 3, 1998 at 22:29
Mitch Fernandez
Historic Forum Post
If I understand you correctly you're talking about programming it to execute certain commands at a regular time. Nope, I haven't seen any way to do this, but it's got a clock that synchronizes with the PC's clock. What's the point of that then?

After a couple of hours of use I've come to conclude that this thing is a hunk of junk. The touch screen is very slow to respond and often doesn't recognize entered commands. Signals just don't arrive at the devices as intended. I'm really disappointed. I'll admit, though, I haven't tried using the reset button yet, but it would be consistent with other Microsoft products: if it's not working, reboot.

On the plus side, I programmed the first control pretty quickly and it learned all of my remotes' codes easily. I'm really impressed by the way this thing can be configured. I was able to instantly program my second remote by uploading the configuration from the first remote which was saved on the PC. And I think the wheel works very well, very much like the Intellimouse wheel.

But if the thing don't work, it does me no good no matter how well the configuration process was thought out. I see myself returning it ASAP.

Hosting Services by ipHouse