Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday February 12, 1999 at 10:02
Bob
Historic Forum Post
I monitor this site regularly and rarely post but have to agree with others that George has a much right to post his opinions as anyone else but with nothing new to say or re-defend I find it unecessary to continue posting negative items regarging the IRIQ.

For the record I demoed both in December before purchasing the IRIQ (mainly for the Microsoft interface) and have been extremely satisified with my decision.

I control seven unrelated devices (90% of the commands were pre-programmed), use macros with as many as 11 commands (projector source switching, processor input selection, soundfield selection, etc.) and have experienced no problems with ir range (I sit 14' from the components), touchsceen contrast (light or day), touchscreen sensitivity or battery usage (originals still functioning after 8 weeks).

I found that the most successful implementation for me was to create activities (like 'Watch tv' or 'Play a DVD') and include controls commonly used in each activity along with macros to 'Power On' all revelant components and select all necessary a/v switching. I created other activities with the device names that include the less frequently used controls and included these on the primary activities screens.

I have not touched my original remotes for at least 6 weeks and seemingly contrary to the vocal
majority of postings here have nothing but praise for the design and execution of this device.

I totally agree with Daniel that the most useful and entertaining postings come from new info and ideas rather than recycling old issues.

Hosting Services by ipHouse