The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday February 11, 1999 at 22:21
Daniel Tonks
Historic Forum Post
1. Ease of use

For general family members, both are pretty easy to use. The Pronto is very straight forward, while the Take Control activity-based setup may take a bit to get used to but is probably simpler in the long run.

2. Ease of programming

The Pronto is really easy to program even without a computer. However, no codes are built in (unlike the Take Control) so everything must be learned.

3. Reliable

I've seen nothing to indicate that either the Pronto or the Take Control aren't reliable, though I'm currently waiting for a replacement for my Pronto after the screen died (don't forget, I have a pre-production unit). Out of the box, with minimal setup, the Take Control will have a shorter programming period. But you can do more with the Pronto.

4. Upgradable

If you're talking about adding new devices, both remotes will handle whatever you throw at them. Since the Pronto essentially has no built-in codes, it doesn't matter when you buy something -- you'll be able to add it. Firmware/software upgrades should be plentiful for both. The Pronto has lots of memory and will control any number of devices you fit in. The Take Control is limited to 15 devices and 32 activities.

Hosting Services by ipHouse