Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Tuesday December 22, 1998 at 23:42
JM
Historic Forum Post
I decided to try the IRIQ for myself. I've read the nice review from Charles which got me excited about the product. However, after reading the messages in this forum, I began to have second thoughts.

Anyway, here are my impressions after playing with the IRIQ at my dealer's:
- it is a bit slow, but not that slow. there is a half second delay from the time I heard the beep until I saw the number register on the DSS screen. paging across device screens took a bit, not a problem if traversing a couple of screens but anything more may take a while. then again extended use can make the delay much more pronounced as you gain familiarity and just want to get on with it.
- the activity based menu is interesting. it was nice to see buttons available from different devices in one screen. volume goes to receiver, play function goes to dvd, etc. i wonder if this is possible with the pronto?
- the ir range is limited. i had to decide which button to press, then point the remote towards the device for it to work. it was like firing a gun with your eyes closed. i never knew what i finally pressed until i saw the effect, which was too late.
- the shape is okay and pleasing. A two-handed hold is great. The left hand to hold and the right to push.
- the wheel was interesting. it works exactly like the one on the mouse, if you have the ms mouse.

thats it.

now, i'm trying to find a dealer with a pronto...

JM

Hosting Services by ipHouse