Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday June 10, 1999 at 22:40
John Sully
Historic Forum Post
I used to have a Marantz RC2000MkI and found that there were several things I didn't like about it.

First, it was difficult to use for anyone except the person who programmed it (me!). The 5 character button labels just don't cut it for someone who is not used to the system.

Second, the LCD display was difficult to read, the segments on the LCD are too thin for easy reading and are basically impossible to read w/o the backlight.

Third, the macros are difficult to program and not exactly intuitive to use. I basically only got as far as the power macros before I gave up.

Fourth, I found that it's memory was quite limited. When I added a DVD player to my system, it ran out of memory (most of my components use 48 bit codes).

After the memory limitation cropped up, I gave up. I gave up and got a Pronto, which addressed all of these problems. I thank me, my girlfriend thanks me, my friends thank me.

If you can live with the limitations, especially the illegibility of the LCD display (this may be better on the MkII) the Marantz is certainly servicable and is a far better choice than the SL9000 or other remotes of it's ilk. It just isn't a Pronto :-(.

Hosting Services by ipHouse