Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 487 made on Wednesday August 16, 2000 at 09:24
Rob
Historic Forum Post
One of the things that sets this remote above so many others is the number of buttons. There's the four spare "smart" buttons, but there's also the PIP buttons which are usually unused for devices other than TV's and the "surround" buttons.

Here's a neat little button assignment trick that I use. One of the hardest decisions when setting up the remote is where do you put all the direct input selection buttons for your receiver, this is why alot of people would like to be able to put commands on the actual device keys. I use the "1S" button as my input select button in all device modes, so if you're in CD mode, the "1S" button will select the CD's input, if you're in DVD mode, it will select the DVD's input, etc

I have ReplayTV, which has alot of non standard buttons, but I have been able to place all of the "weird" buttons in places where I can remember them.
I use TV/VIDEO for "Instant Replay" and ENTER for "Quick Skip" because these two buttons are immediately above the REW and FF buttons, which is where those buttons are placed on Replay's remote, for the others I use (Replay-->15-1994) Jump-->Move, Swap Input-->Swap, Return To Live-->Last, Replay Guide-->Program Guide, Channel Guide-->Surr

I generally use the EXIT button as my VCR Eject button and my CD/DVD Open/Close button, I use the SWAP button as my "Swap Tape Speeds" button

For my receiver, I use the SELECT button for the "Manual Select" button and then I use the up and down arrows to adjust the settings, I use SURROUND to scroll through the DTS settings, I use PRO-gram for PRO-logic (get it), and then MENU for the Graphic Eq toggle. My receiver has buttons to increase the Bass Boost and BBE settings, so I put these on the left and right arrows.

I have combined the receiver and my CD payer on the same device button, so I actually have 8 devices on my "6 in 1" remote.

Rob.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/

Hosting Services by ipHouse